B2 First for Schools, formerly known as Cambridge English: First for Schools, is one of our Cambridge English Qualifications. It gives students the confidence to use their English in the real world.
A B2 First for Schools qualification is a proof that a student has the language skills needed to communicate in an English-speaking environment.
It’s also a great way to prepare for higher-level exams such as C1 Advanced.
B2 First for Schools is targeted at the same CEFR level as B2 First but with content aimed at school-age learners rather than adults.
A B2 First for Schools qualification shows that students can:
- communicate effectively face to face, expressing opinions and presenting arguments
- write clear, detailed English, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view
- follow the news
- write letters, reports, stories and lots of other types of text.
Reasons to choose B2 First for Schools:
- Easily integrated into a school’s curriculum.
- Part of a suite of exams that offer step-by-step progression for students.
- Comprehensive support with exam preparation and administration.
- Students can gain a valuable qualification that is accepted worldwide