B1 Preliminary for Schools, formerly known as Cambridge English: Preliminary for Schools (PET for Schools), is one of our Cambridge English Qualifications. It is the English language exam that shows that students have mastered the basics.
A B1 Preliminary for Schools qualification shows that a student has mastered the basics of English and now has practical language skills for everyday use.
B1 Preliminary for Schools is targeted at the same CEFR level as B1 Preliminary but with content aimed at school-age learners rather than adults.
A B1 Preliminary for Schools qualification shows that a student can:
- read simple textbooks and articles in English
- write letters and emails on everyday subjects
- understand factual information
- show awareness of opinions and mood in spoken and written English.
Reasons to choose B1 Preliminary for Schools:
- Easily integrated into a school’s curriculum.
- The test uses realistic everyday situations to bring learning to life.
- Part of a suite of exams that offer step-by-step progression for students.
- Comprehensive support in exam preparation and administration.