A2 Key for Schools, formerly known as Cambridge English: Key for Schools (KET for Schools), is one of our Cambridge English Qualifications. It is an exam for school-age learners which will help prepare them for higher-level English language qualifications.
An A2 Key for Schools qualification demonstrates that a student can use English to communicate in simple day to day real life situations. It’s a logical next step after our Cambridge English Qualifications designed for young learners and a good start for older children to start learning English .
The exam gives students the confidence to go on to study for higher-level English exams, such as B1 Preliminary for Schools.
A2 Key for Schools is targeted at the same CEFR level as A2 Key, but with content aimed at school-age learners rather than adults.
An A2 Key for Schools qualification shows that a student can:
- understand and use basic phrases and expressions
- understand simple written English
- introduce themselves and answer basic questions about themselves
- interact with English speakers at a basic level.
Reasons to choose A2 Key for Schools:
- Helps students gain the language skills they need to succeed in study and work, at home or abroad.
- Easily integrated into a school’s curriculum.
- Part of a suite of exams that offer step-by-step progression for students.
- Comprehensive support with exam preparation and administration.