A2 Flyers, formerly known as Cambridge English: Flyers (YLE Flyers), is one of our Cambridge English Qualifications. It is the third of our fun, activity-based English tests for children.
A2 Flyers stands third in Cambridge English Qualifications designed for young learners. The tests focus on day to day usage of English for children with emphasis on familiar topics The stress is on due importance to all four skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking.
CEFR level: A2 What's this?
Test format: Paper-based
No. of papers: 3
Test length: About 1 hour 15 minutes
A2 Flyers 2018 exam update
We regularly review all of our exams to make sure they are up to date with the latest research in language learning and teaching. A2 Flyers was updated and the revised test started being used for exam sessions in January 2018. Find out what changed:
A2 Flyers can help your child:
- understand simple written English
- communicate in familiar situations
- understand and use basic phrases and expressions
- interact with English speakers who talk slowly and clearly.
Reasons to choose A2 Flyers:
- There’s no pass or fail – every child gets a Cambridge English certificate which celebrates their achievements.
- The test uses realistic everyday situations to bring learning to life.
- The test covers all major varieties of English (e.g. British English, American English).
- We have a huge range of free and paid-for support.