A1 Movers, formerly known as Cambridge English: Movers (YLE Movers), is one of our Cambridge English Qualifications. It is the next step in a child’s English language learning.
A1 Movers is the second of three Cambridge English Qualifications designed for young learners. These tests introduce children to everyday written and spoken English and are an excellent way for them to gain confidence and improve their English.
The tests are written around familiar topics and focus on the skills needed to communicate effectively in English through listening, speaking, reading and writing.
CEFR level: A1 What's this?
Test format: Paper-based
No. of papers: 3
Test length: About 1 hour
A1 Movers 2018 exam update
We regularly review all of our exams to make sure they are up to date with the latest research in language learning and teaching. Movers was updated and the revised test started being used for exam sessions in January 2018. Find out what changed:
A1 Movers can help your child:
- understand basic instructions or take part in simple conversations
- understand basic notices, instructions or information
- complete basic forms and write notes, including times, dates and places.
Reasons to choose A1 Movers:
- There’s no pass or fail – every child gets a Cambridge English certificate which celebrates their achievements.
- The test uses realistic everyday situations to bring learning to life.
- The test covers all major varieties of English (e.g. British English, American English).
- We have a huge range of free and paid-for support.