What to Bring on Test Day
You must bring the following information and materials with you on test day:
Two forms of valid identification (ID) with your name, signature and photograph. ID cannot be expired.
Acceptable forms of valid identification include:
- Driver's license
- State ID
- National ID
- Military ID
- Two #2 pencils with good erasers.
What to Expect on Test Day
Test sessions begin when you are admitted to the test center and end when you leave. See pages 4–7 of the TOEIC® Listening and Reading Examinee Handbook for additional information.
You are not allowed to keep your personal belongings with you. These include, but are not limited to:
- cell phones
- any electronic devices
- watch alarms
- mobile phones
- listening devices
- recording or photographic equipment
Personal belongings may be left in your car or a locker if one is provided at the testing center.
For more guidelines on procedures and regulations, please review the attached TOEIC® Listening and Reading Examinee Handbook (PDF). For details related to administration of the TOEIC® test, please contact your local ETS Preferred Network office. If there's no ETS Preferred Network office in your country, complete an information request form.
Tips to Prepare for Test Day
Being well rested and relaxed on the day of the test is as important as studying and practicing your language skills before the test. Here are some things you can do to put yourself in a good frame of mind on test day:
- Be well rested so you can concentrate.
- Dress comfortably for any room temperature.
- Eat a well-balanced meal before the test.
- Review the TOEIC® Listening and Reading Examinee Handbook (PDF) sample questions.
- Allow plenty of time so as to arrive at the test center on schedule.
- Be sure to have directions to the test center beforehand.
- Give yourself extra time for traffic or delays when traveling to the test center.
- Be well prepared and alert.
Note: Remember to bring two valid identification documents with your name, signature, and photograph and two No. 2 pencils with erasers.