About the TFI™ Test
What Is the TFI™ Test?
The TFI test is a French-language proficiency test for people whose native language is not French. The TFI test results show how well you communicate in French in business and academic environments.
Who Takes It and Why?
The TFI test is for language learners of all levels, regardless of occupation or background. You do not need to have special knowledge beyond that of a person who uses French in everyday work activities.
- Training organizations can use the TFI test to group students homogeneously and validate their proficiency with an unbiased external test.
- The TFI test enables students to demonstrate their French-language proficiency for academic and business institutions.
- Individuals choose to take the TFI test to determine their level of proficiency and have it validated by an external measure.
Where Do People Take It?
The TFI test is taken:through ETS on-site testing services at:
- business locations
- language schools at open public sessions
- Registration for public test sessions in the United States can be completed by email.
- In many countries at local ETS Preferred Network offices. (Contact ETS if there's no representative in your country.)